Contact Us | Site Map | Photo Gallery | Search:
Income Tax - Partnerships Printable Version

Filing of Tax Returns

Partnerships file a partnership return; while companies file a corporation tax or petroleum profits tax return. 

Filing dates are 30th April in each year. Returns are filed with the Board of Inland Revenue at any of its offices.  Taxes assessed must be paid within 30 days of receipt of the notice of assessment.  Quarterly instalments of advance income and corporation taxes are also payable.

Calculation of Income

As partnerships are not legal entities, and so are not assessed to tax. The profit of the partnership is ascertained from the return filed. The basis of company taxation is all profits and gains arising from a number of sources, for example, rents, trade or business, management charges, interest. (See section on Corporations). 

The net income of the partnership is allocated in accordance with the shares in the partnership.

Income Tax - Corporations | Income Tax - Partnerships | Income Tax - other entities | Income Tax - Individuals | Other Matters | Other Taxes | Registration Duties
Company Law | Doing Business in T&T | Intellectual Property | Tax | The Firm | Practice Groups | Attorneys | E-Commerce | Maps | MHS Forum | Links | Careers
© 2013 M. Hamel-Smith & Co. | Webmaster | Designed by GCASoft Lex Mundi - The World's Leading Association of Law Firms
IMPORTANT NOTICE: trinidadlaw.com contains general information about doing business in Trinidad and Tobago. Nothing in these pages constitutes legal advice. Always consult a suitable qualified lawyer on any legal problem or issue. As a service to you, we also provide numerous links to other web sites. We have no control over such sites and are in no way responsible for their contents.